Friday 20 December 2013

Rayle Farm latest Article

Sooooo bored!  Don’t get me wrong I realise that I am fortunate to remain here when all my doggy friends that I have met this year have left and gone back home.  Sometimes if I am honest, I am actually rather pleased to see their little faces peering forlornly out of the rear window of their cars, crammed in with surfboards, beach paraphernalia, pushchairs and the like.  And it is not because I have not enjoyed their company.  Its just that some of them are way too boisterous.  Clearly not used to having quite so much fresh air or opportunities to nose around somewhere with so many unfamiliar smells, they are unrelenting.  And then guess who has to then go round finding out just where they have been and marking the territory all over again?  Muggins here of course.  I have badgers, hedgehogs and deer to contend with and frankly, what are they going to think if it looks like I am neglecting my responsibilities?

I think what brings these buddies down is their owners searching for dog friendly holidays,  Portreath and that certainly does the trick but they should understand that this is my manor so, my rules – yes?  Apparently not.  Basic canine etiquette goes out the window on a holiday and get this, they treat the place like their own.  Not on, I think you will agree but I do like the company.

But for a few weeks now, we haven’t seen that many people and very few dogs .  Something to do with the temperature apparently.  Even if I did not have this thick coat, I still don’t see this as a very compelling reason for not coming down in November.  We have what is known as a ‘mild climate’ which sounds a bit indecisive I know but it means that I am sweltering and hey, just last week, I was down on the beach at Portreath (one positive is that I am allowed there at this time of year) and there were people swimming!   And surfing which to my mind looks way more fun!

But all this mild weather is all well and good but as I do my daily rounds – more out of habit than necessity, there are all these pesky bulbs  and flowers popping up everywhere.   To my untrained eye, they all look rather different but apparently are all from the same genus.  I know this because I am constantly being berated with a ‘Marli! – get off the bloody daffodils/bloody crocuses/bloody primroses/bloody snowdrops’ And so on.  You get the picture.  These blighters are sprouting up everywhere and frankly, I’m getting a bit hacked off with them all.

 I worry that I am coming over as a bit whiny which I don’t think is fair, In my view this is a case of cabin fever, just without the cabin.  Can’t be it I suppose – I’m lonely then, simple as that.  Susan does her best but can she really throw a stick that far for me, that often?  The clue is in the name.   So please come back to Rayle Farm – Christmas is a good time – loads of food and Susan does seem rather too preoccupied with presents and the like to mind too much about the bloody snowdrops for a day or two anyway!

Marli

1 comment:

  1. we are best in providing all kind of bed and breakfast macclesfield, B & B, self catering, self-catering farmhouse, farmhouse B & B, farm B & B, Peak District B & B, Cheshire B & B, Peak District accommodation, holiday accommodation, Farm Holiday Cottages, farmhouse accommodation, holiday cottages, Peak District cottages and also Cheshire cottages with quality and ease human. We have three self catering cottages available. Croft cottage, Meadow cottage and Cook Hill cottage. Croft and Meadow cottage can be booked together to accommodate up to 10 people.

    ReplyDelete